Monday, April 13, 2015

Who Are We?

Our experiences make us who we are, right? Well, not exactly. It isn't just our experiences that make us who we are, it is also what we learn from those experiences, the decisions we make because of them, the actions we take, the perspective we put them in, and the way we transform them.When I counsel my psychotherapy clients I find that more than expected are suffering, in some way, from post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). Children raised in families with alcoholism, sexual abuse, physical abuse, neglect, and verbal abuse find that as adults they struggle to have the life they want because they are suffering from PTSD. It isn't just veterans from war who suffer with this psychological issue.
On this topic, I just received an amazing and powerful book by Linda J. Schupp, Ph.D. titled, Assessing and Treating Trauma & PTSD, second edition. I read Linda's first edition and I was so pleased to find a book that supported what I had been seeing with my clients for three decades.Now her second book has added so much more help for clinicians and the non-clinician and what I love most is that this is not a book just for clinicians. Anyone can read, understand, and make use of this book for his/her life.

To order Assessing and Treating Trauma & PTSD, second edition, go to: http://www.amazon.com/Assessing-Treating-Trauma-Linda-Schupp/dp/1559570091/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1428948167&sr=8-2&keywords=Linda+Schupp

To support my colleague Linda Schupp and this fabulous and well-needed book, please add a review on Amazon, Barnes & Nobles, iTunes, and wherever else you find it.

Keep the pen moving!
Jan


No comments:

Post a Comment