Do you really think it is safe to drive, text or talk while holding a cell phone? Here are a few things to consider:
1. Your reaction time is slower when you are trying to read and drive.
2. Your reaction time is slower when you are typing and driving.
3. Your driving ability in traffic is sporadic while having a conversation that is stealing your attention- i.e., your speed is not consistent with the flow of traffic.
4. Your cell phone discharges waves that hit the car frame and shoot back to you -- quite unhealthy.
5. Preoccupation with a conversation on the telephone lessons your ability to recognize that your car is a weapon if it hits someone. Plowing your car into someone can kill them.
Please, please, I've witnessed many near-misses and faulty and dangerous driving this week from those texting and talking while trying to drive in traffic where other lives are at stake and in your hands. Let's just leave the steering wheel in our hands. Drop the phones until you are parked.