How often do you detox? For many of us, the thought of detoxing our bodies doesn't come to mind until after we get sick. That wouldn't be such a bad time to detox, except for the fact that by the time we are sick, our bodies are already overloaded with pollutants.
Because we are exposed to approximately 80,000 a day, detoxing before we get sick is much smarter. In fact detoxing on a daily basis might prevent us from getting sick at all. Lessening the load of pollutants keeps our immune system stronger. A strong immune system is much more able to fight against illness. So here are a few tips to get you thinking about how easy it is to reduce the number of pesticides, chemicals and other poisons from taking hold in your body.
1. Eat organic as often as you can. If you can't eat organic spray your fruits and vegies with a mixture of white vinegar and water then rinse well. Remember white vinegar is edible.
2. Do not use any product with the word fragrance in it. The word fragrance means there could be as many as 800 carcinogenic chemicals in that product.
3. Dry brush your body before you shower. You can actually purchase a dry brush at any health food store. It is a hard bristled brush with a long wooden handle. Rub it in circles starting at your extremeties and working your work up towards your heart. Take your time. You are activating your lymphatic system. Your lymphatic system is your body's built-in detoxification system.
4. Oil pulling - for specific instructions type in oil pulling and follow the directions. This is a simple 15-minute morning routine you can do while showering, making a cup of coffee or getting dresssed.
5. Aspartame is formaldehyde. Remove all products with aspartame as an ingredient (a neurotoxin) from your diet.
These simple five steps will help you clean and wake up your body's natural energy.
This blog is devoted to aware living topics. As a psychotherapist and author of books on wellness, I will be writing an a variety of topics. If you are chemically sensitive or would like comments on non-toxic living write to me and I'll address those issues.
For the wellness of all,
Until next time,
To find out more about me, check out my site www.JanMarquart.com and my writing blog www.freethepen.wordpress.com. I am a psychotherapist and author of 9 books. My books can be found on www.Amazon.com and www.JanMarquart.com. The titles are:
Kate's Way www.createspace.com/3498926 The Basket Weaver www.createspace.com/3553668
Voices from the Land www.createspace.com/3552509 The Mindful Writer www.createspace.com/3546101 Echoes from the Womb, a Book for Daughters www.createspace.com/3556083
The Breath of Dawn, a Journey of Everyday Blessings www.createspace.com/3546000
The Write to Heal, How to Write from Your Heart and How to Write Your Own Memoir - these books can be purchased on www.JanMarquart.com Kate's Way, Voices from the Land and The Mindful Writer are also ebooks on www.Amazon.com
I welcome all comments and suggestions and intend to offer you the best health guidance for mind/body/spirit wellness. I am not a physician and do not claim to override any medical attention you are getting. When in doubt always consult an allopathic or hollistic medical professional. My expertise comes from both personal and professional experience having had to find my own solutions to many health issues through alternative methods.
Credit for the header design for Aware Living goes to Shawn Kirsten Maravel, author of Severance and Volition. Shawn's books can be ordered on www.Amazon.com